Our TrustShield Lead Lined Doors Offer Ultimate Radiation Protection
Project managers, particularly those specializing in the construction of medical facilities, know all too well how important it is to find a trusted source when ordering lead lined doors and frames.
There are many government and industrial regulations required to provide adequate protection from radiation, a general term used to describe a bundle of energy in the form of electromagnetic (EM) waves. Radio waves, microwaves, ultraviolet rays, X-rays, gamma rays, and visible light are all forms of EM waves.
- Only one form, ionizing or penetrating radiation, can pass through materials. Examples include X-rays and gamma rays, which are critical for diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. However, due to its ability to ionize and excite molecules, radiation can damage living tissue.
- Lead door and lead frame manufacturers concern themselves with one distinct form of protection against radiation, commonly referred to as shielding.
- Shielding is achieved by using construction materials that absorb radiation. Radiation exposure decreases with thicker shielding, with lead being one of the most common materials used for protection from X-rays and gamma rays because it is highly effective.
- Click here for more on radiation protection basics.
- When combined with other high-quality materials and put into the hands of expert craftsmen, the result is one of the most trusted lead door manufacturers in the country: National Custom Hollow Metal Doors and Frames (NCHM).
If you require lead doors for your project, why not go with one of the top manufacturers in the industry? We’re happy to get your order fulfilled with the utmost quality and accuracy, fastest lead times, and personal, friendly service.
We also offer an extensive range of custom-crafted stainless steel and galvanneal metal doors and frames to accommodate any project’s material and scheduling needs. Call us at 800-334-3070, or contact us here for more information.